MHPSS officer – Polish Red Cross
Polish Red Cross (PRC) is looking for MHPSS officer for its mental health and psychosocial support activities for affected people fleeing from Ukraine and Polish residence in need of support.
Organization: Polish Red Cross (Visit www.pck.pl for more information.)
Position: MHPSS Officer
Geographic scope: Warsaw
Working hours: Full-time
Type of job: Service Contract
Contract length: 12 months (with possible extension depending on performance)
Starting date: ASAP
Overall purpose of the role:
- Ensure the quality of the planning, implementation and follow up of all technical aspects of the sector activities being implemented by PRC at branch levels including staff and volunteer support
- Assist PSS activity focal person at PRC branches to plan and conduct group sessions on psychosocial first aid (PFA) and other psychosocial (PSS) activities to promote psychosocial well-being for beneficiaries
- Plan and facilitate and provide culturally and age appropriate PSS activities and foster positive coping mechanisms activities
- Be flexible to plan community-based psychosocial activities building on available resources at given branches (logistically, capacity)
- Awareness-raising sessions regarding the availability of mental health, psychosocial support, and protection services.
- Identify and refer cases for more specialized case management services.
- Regular reports to provide information on activities conducted to the PRC HQ MHPSS team and the branch manager including qualitative and quantitative data
- Plan and participate in capacity building trainings as needed and required
- Ensure activities are recorded and documented accurately and in a timely manner
- Participate in internal and external meetings as required by the PRC MHPSS project coordinator
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the PRC MHPSS project coordinator, relevant to the achievement of psychosocial support objectives
The successful candidate will be selected based on the qualification requirements described below:
Required experience and competencies:
- Degree in a relevant field such as mental health, psychology, or social work with a minimum of 2 years of post-licensure experience
- Ability to discuss sensitive issues with respect and empathy including ability to provide basic Psychological First Aid to people in distress
- Strong understanding of protection issues including child protection and gender-based violence
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and prioritize the safety and dignity of beneficiaries at all times.
- Commitment to learning and implementing organizational policies and procedures
Required: Fluently spoken and written Polish
Preferred: Good spoken command of English and/or Ukrainian
How to Apply
If you look for a work in an intercultural environment, you have the necessary competences and experience, and at the same time you value assistance to people in need, we kindly invite you to submit your application (CV + cover letter) to the email: email@example.com
Wspieraj nasze działa. Możesz nas wspomóc przez PayU.
Kliknij w przycisk poniżej.